- Special Sections
- Public Notices
To the editor: Yes, this marvelous man (Obama) wants to change America, but change to what? Here are a few of his 100 proposals:
1) He is going to let the 2001 tax reduction package expire, bringing with it the largest tax increase in American history and help push America further into a recession.
This raises the federal income tax on a single person making $30,000 an additional $3,900, or a married family of four an additional $7,800.
Can you afford $325 or $650 less take-home pay each month?
2) He is going destroy the earning power of pension plans, retirement accounts, stock and mutual fund holders by raising the tax on stock dividends from 15 to 40 percent. While costing you money, it could crash the stock market.
3) He is going to make the minimum wage a living wage and raise it and index it to inflation. This will create a never-ending spiral of increasing costs on business with taxes. As wages and taxes go up, the business will have to raise prices just to keep even and then these increased prices will come back and cause the minimum wage to increase again and again.
4) He is going to have a new “carbon tax” on businesses on electricity and fuel to the tune of $15 billion a year.
This includes a higher federal tax on gasoline. Remember the state and federal tax is already more than 50 cents a gallon.
5) He is going to pass his bill in the Senate (S2433 passed the House this year by voice vote, so no one is accountable) to fight and reduce global poverty over the next 25 years by 50 percent.
This World Poverty Tax of $34 billion a year will go to the United Nations for them to distribute to dictators and corrupt governments.
6) With his understanding in foreign affairs, he is going to immediately pull out of Iraq, accept defeat and give unilateral victory to the terrorist extremists.
He then plans to negotiate with our terrorist enemies, just like Jimmy Carter, with the same predictable outcome. Remember the 440 days when American embassy personnel were held hostage in Iran?
I cannot wait for Obama to come to power and change America. I am ready for him to take all I have worked for and own and in return give me just enough money to buy food, a free government apartment and healthcare equal to that of Third World countries, just like in the failed Communist economies of the past 50 years.