- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Shallotte firefighters responded to a fire at a Smith Avenue home last Thursday. An unattended pot accidentally left on the stove caused the blaze, according to Shallotte Fire Chief Paul Dunwell. Fire damage was limited to the kitchen and the wall of an adjacent bedroom, Dunwell said. However, smoke and heat damage spread throughout the home. The fire was quickly extinguished with a single attack line. Crews remained on scene for an hour-and-a-half to remove damaged property and salvage personal belongings. No one was injured, but two adults were temporarily displaced.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Brunswick Beacon, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Brunswick Beacon and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.