- Special Sections
- Public Notices
By 0.60 pounds, the crew aboard Do Work, of Ocean Isle Beach, won the Yellowfin/Yamaha Jolly Mon King Classic Sunday. Combined with other winnings, the crew won $21,787.
The crew of Jon Hayes, Tim Clemmons, Jeff Beck and Rickey Beck caught the largest king mackerel, 33.65 pounds, out of the 306 boats that fished in the tourney. The tourney was based out of Ocean Isle Fishing Center.
Finishing second, with a king mackerel of 33.05 pounds, was Team Autocraft, with the crew of by Keith Clapp, of Seagrove; Mike Walker, of Asheboro; and Brian Walker, of Asheboro. Combined with other winnings, the crew won $21,150,
All In, captained by Ken Strickland, of Greensboro, was third (31.60 pounds). Combined with other winnings, the crew won $8,924.
Winning the Lady Angler competition was Heather Stover, of Oak Island, aboard Liquid Asset. That boat finished fifth overall with a catch of 29.30 pounds. In second was Libby Eubanks, of Ocean Isle Beach, aboard Hooked. That boat finished seventh overall with a catch of 27.70 pounds. In third was Michelle Evans, of North Myrtle Beach, S.C., aboard The Law. That boat finished 14th overall with a catch of 24.85 pounds.
Winning the Junior Angler competition was Reagan Eubanks, of Ocean Isle Beach, aboard Hooked (27.70). In second was Grant Brewer, of North Myrtle Beach, S.C., aboard The Law (24.85). In third was Kempton Meetze, of Charleston, S.C., aboard Rock Doc (23.25).
Finishing first in the Scott Hewett Memorial Tourney, for senior anglers, was Rickey Beck aboard the overall winning boat Do Work (33.65). In second was Roy Strickland aboard the third-place overall boat All In (31.60). In third was Don Mussman aboard Tailwalker, sixth overall at 29.20.
Finishing first in the 23-foot boat was Eddie Eubanks, of Ocean Isle Beach, aboard Hooked (27.70). In second was James Todd Dawkins, of Calabash, aboard 2 Dogs (25.40). In third was Chip Nifong, of Hampstead, aboard Reel Buzz (25.15).
Four boats won the Family Award: Ketch This, Travis R. Ketchie, Gold Hill, 11.80; The Law, James F. Drake, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., 24.85; Jeff E. McDonald Jr., Supply, 6.15; Hooked, Eddie Eubanks, Ocean Isle Beach, 27.70.
1. Do Work, Jeff Beck, Ocean Isle Beach, 33.65 pounds.
2. Team Autocraft, Keith Clapp, Asheboro, 33.05.
3. All In, Ken Strickland, Greensboro, 31.60.
4. Satisfied, Richard A. Rippy Jr., Wrightsville Beach, 30.10.
5. Liquid Asset, Chris Pardue, Oak Island, 29.30 pounds.
6. Tailwalker, Stuart Ballard, Georgetown, S.C., 29.20 pounds.
7. Hooked, Eddie Eubanks, Ocean Isle Beach, 27.70 pounds.
8. Billzfisher, Bill F. Welborn, Lexington, 27.10 pounds.
9. Got-Tu, Charles Randy Smith, Carolina Beach, 26.85 pounds.
10. Evolution, Scott A. Hamilton, Indian Trail, 26.45 pounds.
11. King Creecher, Al Fulford, Supply, 25.60 pounds.
12. 2 Dogs, James Todd Dawkins, Calabash, 25.40 pounds.
13. Reel Buzz, Chip Nifong, Hampstead, 25.15 pounds.
14. The Law James F. Drake, North Myrtle Beach, 24.85 pounds.
15. Sea’n is Believe’n, Anthony Queen, Rock Hill, 24.75.
16. Double Trouble Too, Bryan S. Rowley, Southport, 23.30
17. Rock Doc, Bob Wiggins, Charleston, S.C., 23.25.
18. Hardhead, Olin Dayton Brown, Galivants Ferry, S.C., 23.00.
19. Reely Miss Behavin, Ricky E. Holden, Chesapeake, Va., 22.15.
20. Reel Devocean, Christopher Armstrong, Hope Mills, S.C., 21.95
21. Steel Fishing, Randy Spainhour, Southport, 21.25.
22. Miss Teny, Ashley Jones, Walstonburg, 20.05.
23. OIB Fishing, Glenn Bruce, Roseboro, 19.95.
24. Mr. Goodhands, William T. Russ III, Ash, 19.90.
25. Eren’s Addiction Too, Jack Bracewell, Summerville, 19.35.
26. White Lightning, Tim Hudson, Atlantic Beach, 19.20.
27. Dream Chaser, Larry Raynor, Wilmington, 19.10.
28. Team MacNair, J.D. MacNair, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., 19.05.
29. Hooligan, Joseph R. Winslow III, Sunset Beach, 18.55
30. Brothers-In-Law, William T. Hammonds, Wilmington, 18.20.
31. Reel Nauti, Kathy Wall, Fuquay Varina, 18.
1. Hooked, Reagan Eubanks, Ocean Isle Beach, 27.70.
2. The Law, Grant Brewer, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., 24.85.
3. Rock Doc, Kempton Meetze, Charleston, S.C., 23.25.
4. Reely Miss Behavin, Jerry Clark, Chesapeake, Va., 22.15.
5. OIB Fishing, Hunter Bruce, Roseboro, 19.95.
6. White Lightning, Brandon Hudson, Atlantic Beach, 19.20.
7. Team MacNair, Houston MacNair, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., 19.05.
8. Aqua Loco, Matthew Baker, Camden, S.C., 15.85.
9. Hail Yeah, Austin Aycock, Ocean Isle Beach, 13.60.
10. Finally, Trevor Pittman, Mooresville, 13.25.
11. Team Zebra/Oh Yeah, Travis Basinger, High Point, 12.95.
12. Feedin’ Frenzy Charter, Fisher Hayes, Supply, 11,90.
13. Wave Walker, David Lambeth Jr., Asheboro, 11.90.
14. Ketch This, Chelsea Lyerly, Gold Hill, 11.80.
15. Family Time, Jackson Denny, Myrtle Beach, S.C., 11.40.
16. Water Dog, Cody Locklear, Lumberton, 10.45.
17. Toes Up, Richard J. Boles, Laurinburg, 10.40.
18. Roofing Contender, Caitlyn Schumann, Hickory, 9.85.
19. Team Robalo, Max Lowman, Sherrills Ford, 9.85.
20. Miss Janelle, Cassie Dawson, Tabor City, 9.60.
1. Liquid Asset, Heather Stover, Oak Island, 29.30.
2. Hooked, Libby Eubanks, Ocean Isle Beach, 27.70.
3. The Law, Michelle Evans, North Myrtle Beach, S.C., 24.85.
4. Miss Teny, Frankie Jones, Walstonburg, 20.05.
5. Eren’s Addiction Too, Eren Bracewell, Summerville, S.C., 19.35.
6. Reel Nauti, Kathy Wall, Fuquay Varina, 18.00.
7. KingHunter, Tiffany Gales, Shallotte, 16.35.
8. Salt & Battery, Jennifer Pletz, Leland, 13.90.
9. Raunchie Conch, Jessica Poe, Wilmington, 13.85.
10. GPS Store Fishing, Kristen Hooks, Ocean Isle Beach, 13.80.
Senior Angler, Scott Hewett Memorial Award
1. Do Work, Rickey Beck, 33.65.
2. All In, Roy Strickland, 31,60
3. Tailwalker, Don Mussman, 29.20
1. Hooked, Eddie Eubanks, Ocean Isle Beach, 27.70.
2. 2 Dogs, James Todd Dawkins, Calabash, 25.40.
3. Reel Buzz, Chip Nifong, Hampstead, 25.15.