.....Advertisement.....
.....Advertisement.....

Noxious smell at Microtel sends four people to hospital

-A A +A
By Staff Brunswick Beacon

SHALLOTTE—Four people were sent to the hospital Sunday after a noxious smell was reported in one of the rooms at the Microtel off U.S. 17.

Three housekeepers and one guest were treated and released from Brunswick Community Hospital, according to Lt. Scott Branning, of the Shallotte Police Department.

Branning said hotel management called 911 Sunday afternoon after three housekeepers were overwhelmed with noxious fumes coming from a third-floor room.


If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!

Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription

If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Brunswick Beacon, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.

Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.

Newspaper Acct. ID:
info
Street Address:
(exactly as it appears on the label)

If you are a subscriber and you do not know your account ID or don't have a copy of your newspaper available that shows the information on the address label you can click continue below to search for your account.

Special Offer

You have used all your free page views for the month however if you wish to create a FREE limited access account you will be able to view a additional 2 pages per month.




You can also purchase a subscription and have full access to the site. To purchase a subscription simply enter your zipcode below

ZIP Code:

The Brunswick Beacon | circulation@brunswickbeacon.com | 910-754-6890
P.O. Box 2558, Shallotte, NC 28459
Office Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday