- Special Sections
- Public Notices
A possible propane problem led to evacuation of Walgreens in Sunset Beach on Friday morning, March 7.
Sunset Beach Fire Chief Kevin Dempsey said local firefighters responded after the smell of propane was detected around 7:50 a.m.
The building was evacuated and aired out. Dempsey attributed the incident to a possible leak in the heating system of the drugstore at 852 Sunset Blvd. N.
The drugstore was closed for about 30 minutes. By 8:30 a.m., employees and customers were allowed to go back inside the store, Dempsey said.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Brunswick Beacon, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.