- Special Sections
- Public Notices
Reel Time, captained by Samuel T. Rees of Southport, won the Yellowfin-OIFC.com Jolly Mon King Classic, catching a 38.15-pound king mackerel Father’s Day. Including tournaments within the tournament, the crew won $25,980.
Reel Time also finished first in the 23-foot boat division. Another member of the boat, Samantha Nowell, finished first in the ladies’ division.
The two-day tournament attracted competitors on 305 boats and took place Saturday and Father’s Day. Capt Brant McMullan of the Ocean Isle Fishing Center organized the event.
Ketch This, the leader entering the second day of the competition, finished second with a 37.1-pound king mackerel. Travis R. Ketchie of Gold Hill captained the boat. The runner-up finish, including a tournament within the tournament, was worth $12,659. Another member of the crew, Chelsea Lyerly, finished first in the junior anglers division. Kadie Kethcie was second in the ladies’ division.
Got Cha, captained by William Ray Sears of Apex, was third with a 34.8-pound king mackerel. The third-place finish, including a tournament within the tournament, was worth $8,792. Sears was also first in the seniors division, wining the inaugural Scott Hewett Award. Barbara Sears was third in the ladies’ division.
The Ed Jones Award, for the 31st-place finisher, went to Scott Taylor, of Riegelwood, who caught a 19.2-pound kingfish.
McMullan organizes the annual tournament with a family theme. The Garrett family of Charlotte won a $100 gift certificate to the Ocean Isle Fishing Center for having a junior, lady and senior angler aboard their boat, Bloodline.
The top-three lady anglers were also aboard the top-three boats on Father’s Day weekend.
Complete results are at www.oifc.com. For more about the tournament, read Brant McMullan’s column on Page 8B.
Jolly Mon King Classic
1. Samuel R. Rees, Southport, Reel Time, 38.15 pounds.
2. Travis R. Ketchie, Gold Hill, Ketch This, 37.10.
3. William Ray Sears, Apex, Got Cha, 34.8.
4. Jonathan Stevens, Murrells Inlet, S.C., Reel Broke, 32.85.
5. Christopher G. Critz, Critter, Holden Beach, 31.35.
6. Randy A. Lingerfelt, Supply, Feedin’ Frenzy Chart, 31.30.
7. Chris Fineran, Little River, S.C., Finseeker, 31.15.
8. Garrett L. Fulcher, Fayetteville, Showtime, 29.40.
9. William Long, Haw River, Will Surprise Ya, 29.
10. Lee Frick, Salisbury, Hooya, 27.10.
11. Henry Tillett, Raleigh, Finatic, 26.75.
12. Dieter W. Cardwell, Winston-Salem, Tide Line, 26.70.
13. Mark Long, Clarkton,Water Logged, 26.65.
14. Tommy Schneider, Asheboro, Schnider Stone, 26.45.
15. Doug Dameron, Wilmington, Soggy Dollar, 26.40.
16. Field Hucks, Mean C, Myrtle Beach, S.C., 26.0.
17. Wade Long, Little River, S.C., Long Shot, 25.65.
18. Dean Spatholt, Calabash, Fish Meister, 25.35.
19. Tyler Beam, Cherryville, Team Great Outdoors, 24.55.
20. Mike Edwards, Wilmington, Talkin Trash, 23.95.
21. Jordan Williamson, Ocean Isle Beach, Black Gold, 23.55.
22. Ben Moye, Pine Level, Moye Toye, 23.50.
23. Randy Wallace, Hickory, Roofing Contender, 23.10.
24. David R. Braswell, North Myrtle Beach, Getting Jiggy, 22.35.
25. Jack Bracewell, Eren’s Addiction Too, Summerville, S.C., 22.20.
26. Austin T. Eubank, Clearly Hooked, Wilmington, 20.45.
27. Scott A. Hamilton, Indian Trail, Evolution, 20.25.
28. Kevin W. Lawson, Ramseur, Wrench Head, 20.05.
29. Phillip Hooks, Ocean Isle Beach, The GPS Store, 19.95.
30. Joseph R. Winslow III, Sunset Beach, Holligan, 19.8.
31. Ed Jones Award: Scott Taylor, Riegelwood, Bone Collector, 19.2.
1. Chelsea Lyerly, Gold Hill, Ketch This, 37.10
2. Caitlyn Schumann, Hickory, Roofing Contender, 23.10.
3. Roy Simmons, Supply, Easy Times, 18.15.
4. Jacob Starnes, Albemarle, Beats Workin, 16.15.
5. Kateland Todd, Georgetown S.C., Black Cat, 16.15.
6. Will Blalock, Angier, S.C., Lemon Pointer, 16
7. Jarrett Blaylock, Raleigh, On the Edge, 15.8.
8. Hannah Stevens, Pinebluff, Sea Bandit, 14.80.
9. Michael Locklear, Lumberton, Water Dog, 13.95.
10. Allie Dunn, Asheboro, Wave Walker, 13.40.
11. Matthew Ritch, Laurinburg, 2 Dogs, 11,85.
12. Dylan Lechtrecker, Bolivia, Miss Bailey, 10.60.
13. Jacob Clapp, Asheboro, Energizer, 10.20.
14. Tanner Junker, Mocksville. Miss Louise, 9.75.
15. Tripp Hooks, Ocean Isle Beach, The Black Pearl, 9.6.
16. Connor Nicholson, Vass, Kill’n Time, 9.2
17. Whitney Crisp, Leland, Team McKee Craft, 8.9.
18. Brandt McGillewie, Charlotte, Chas’n Tails, 8.75.
19. Trad Garrett, Charlotte, Bloodline, 8.60.
20. Chris Lassiter, Holden Beach, Ollie Raja, 7.75.
1. Scott Hewett Award: William Ray Sears, Apex, Got Cha, 34.8.
2. Dieter Cardwell, Winston-Salem, Tide Line, 26.70.
3. Terry Wright, Wilmington, Soggy Dollar, 26.40.
1. Samantha Nowell and Jessica Rees, Reel Time, 38.15.
2. Kadie Kethcie, Gold Hill, Ketch This, 37.10.
3. Barbara Sears, Apex, Got Cha, 34.8.
4. Angela Moran, Suppy, Feedin’ Frenzy Chart, 31.30.
5. Nicole Tompkins, Fayetteville, Showtime, 29.40.
6. Wendy Tillett, Raleigh, Finatic, 26.75.
7. Lori Seawell, Winston-Salem, Tide Line, 26.7.
8. Katie Johnson, Cherryville, Team Great Outdoors, 24.55.
9. Amy Jordan, Ocean Isle Beach, Black Gold, 23.55.
10. Amy Wallace, Hickory, Roofing Contender, 23.10.
1. Samuel T. Rees, Southport, Reel Time, 38.15.
2. Jonathan Stevens, Murrells Inlet, S.C., Reel Broke, 32.85.
3. William Long, Haw River, Will Surprise Ya, 29.