- Special Sections
- Public Notices
To the editor:
While you decide which presidential candidate to vote for, consider what another four years of Obama would be like, given that:
1. Twenty-three million Americans are out of work, including a black/Hispanic unemployment rate of 14 percent.
2. There has been a 50 percent increase in the debt to $16 trillion in just three-and-a-half years, and no idea how to do anything differently in the next four years.
3. An anti-coal/oil policy has driven energy costs up (gas prices close to $4/gallon) and baring new exploration in the U.S. while subsidizing ocean oil exploration in Brazil and Mexico and subsidizing his donors at Solyndra.
4. Tax rates, including Obamacare taxes, set to increase in January.
5. After campaigning as a uniter, Obama has consistently villainized one group after another, resulting in more, not less, racial and social discord.
6. Foreign policy is falling apart, with growing tensions in the Middle East and the murder of our ambassador and three others in Libya. It took Obama seven days to decide this was terrorism, not a legitimate demonstration.
Obama chooses to campaign, party with Jay Z and Beyonce, appear on Letterman, and schedule a meeting with the Egyptian prime minister/Muslim brotherhood member, while declining to attend daily National Security briefings or to meet with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to discuss the mounting violence or truly address the above issues that he promised to solve.
We simply cannot afford another four years of these failed/self-serving policies.
Ocean Isle Beach