A possible propane problem led to evacuation of Walgreens in Sunset Beach on Friday morning, March 7.
Sunset Beach Fire Chief Kevin Dempsey said local firefighters responded after the smell of propane was detected around 7:50 a.m.
The building was evacuated and aired out. Dempsey attributed the incident to a possible leak in the heating system of the drugstore at 852 Sunset Blvd. N.
The drugstore was closed for about 30 minutes. By 8:30 a.m., employees and customers were allowed to go back inside the store, Dempsey said.